Ok....just gonna pour out some feelings......I've worn the face, but the heart is so amazingly sad. I tear up just reading that i wrote that.
Last week, school was constantly on my mind. Last night, I couldn't get to sleep....and it wasn't because i had the anxious feeling as I normally do the night before school, it's the reality, I'm not starting school tomorrow. YES....it's sinking in, but this morning, why aren't I celebrating that I"M NOT ONE OF THOSE WHO ARE STARTING SCHOOL TODAY? You would certainly think that I would be.
Having all this on mind has definitely taken a toll on me. HEAR ME NOW SATAN....I am not letting you in! I am not going to worry about this.....YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME. Ok, that's said and done.
I've prayed over and over again and God has reassured me in Jeremiah 29:11, that He has planned my future and for me to believe in Him and have hope. I DO I DO I DO, I know that his plan was for me to share my love for children in the classroom. I have fulfilled that and am ready to begin a new season, a new chapter, a NEXT....whatever it will be, it will be to glorify Him, I am honored.
I also learned from a children's novel, Tuck Everlasting, that life is like a ride on a ferris wheel....the wheel is in constant movement, unless one decides to get off, or another gets on....and then it begins its constant spinning. I don't want to spin forever. Getting off the wheel of life symbolizes my retiring after 28 years of teaching and allowing my friend, Tori, to get up on that wheel and ride it for 27 more years. You can't stay on that wheel forever—-so I listened to God and followed His plan and knew that my teaching career is over. My retirement starts another wheel. I wonder how many stops it will make? Excited to find out.
So to put the worry and stress aside, I will start my Sabbatical today. I am going to work on ME!!! I am going to follow God’s Word and let it just happen. I’m going to make every day count and have no regrets.
Bring it on. I’m ready! ~~~~ READY, SET, GO
So to my teacher friends…..love every day, make it special for the children, find patience within by PRAYER. God hears everything… your thoughts, your confusion, your heart beat. Give compliments, smiles, and hugz. Love your colleagues and listen to them….even when you’re in a hurry. What might sound minute to you, it’s huge to them….after all, that’s why they’re telling you that. Glorify him, my friends.
"Spread love wherever you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier." ~~Mother Teresa
No comments:
Post a Comment