Me? Talents? I have a few, I like to smile, and it's contagious. A smile portrays happiness and shows confidence. People can sense that from my smile. People see me smiling and they smile back....sometimes even followed by a giggle. Plus, it gives me a much better appearance than the alternative. So, share a smile each day, it might be the only one they see the entire day.
I am also a touchy feely kind of person...I like to hug, I pat on the back, or I might tap your arm when talking to you. Maybe it's my southern upbringing? Here's an example, I usher at church...when I get them to their seat, I might tap them on their back and tell each one, 'I'm glad you're here.' They may hear me, they might not, but God knows, it could be just what they needed that morning.
Amazingly, I find it easy to engage in conversation with a complete stranger. This is so unlike me in the years past. I'd prefer to slide in, slide out and avoid eye contact in fear of having to strike up a conversation. I believe it was in God's plan for me to experience both sides of conversation so I can grow from it. He wants me to reach out to those in need of conversation, a smile, or maybe a good ole high five. He has plans for me. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” says the lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
These talents are free and I didn't t have to go to school to learn them. How cool is it to know that my contagious smile and touchy feely southern self is making God so happy..... He's the one who's really smiling..
These talents are free and I didn't t have to go to school to learn them. How cool is it to know that my contagious smile and touchy feely southern self is making God so happy..... He's the one who's really smiling..
P.S..... Artsy, musical, and fashion talents......un-unh. I wasn't in line when these talents were passed out. I've made an attempt, but for the life of me, I truly struggle. Help me sing.......
Diana Ross's song, "Reach out and touch."
Diana Ross's song, "Reach out and touch."
Take a little time out of your busy day
To give encouragement
To someone who's lost the way
(Just try)
Or would I be talking to a stone
If I asked you
To share a problem that's not your own
We can change things if we start giving
Why don't you
Reach out and touch
Somebody's hand
Make this world a better place
If you can
It's something that comes very naturally
We can change things if we start giving
(Just try)
If you see an old friend on the street
And he's down
Remember his shoes could fit your feet
(Just try)
Try a little kindness you'll see
It's something that comes very naturally
We can change things if we start giving
No comments:
Post a Comment